19.7.12

four-letter-word

Realise with a shock have been thrown into the deep end. With the kind of lucid terror only midnight brings, see now that I do not walk, I wade.


(When it rains, as they say, it pours.) 


Breaking the easy surface of these shrugs already are clammy fingers that will keep heart enclutched, for who knows how long. Under cover of those casual, casual laughs is bubbling over what shall soon flood into shoes and leave standing, irrelevant. The coolth of the water now, hides how swiftly it rides. 


High time, high tide. And true to nature, it stands not on ceremony. In now for already too long; am soaked. 


The only thing that can be done is to still. Clench stomach, curl toes, grit teeth. Switch the autonomous nervous system into overdrive and pray, pray that when one is done drowning, there shall be air left to breathe, and sense left to let it in. 


Such elaborate, futile caution; hands tremble. Gloves cannot contain it. =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Deboleena..
This one is nice!!!
Well I wanted to ask you, if you remember me or not ??

Add me as: mailamitmohansharma@gmail.com

D said...

Hey Amit

If memory serves well, you and I were Orkut friends ages ago! I'm really curious how you managed to remember so long =)

Thanks for stopping by!