A celebrate myself, and sing myself kind of day; as sincerely executed as conceived.
Whatever is out there loves me much. The ride-to had it drizzling right through the sun. While the return had heavier, real rain - but so calm you'd want to sing just to bestir.
Water over Coke, guava over Cheetos, yellow over pink rose.
And so armed, and so assured, a nap beside the pond on singular spikes of wet grass.
And so armed, and so assured, a nap beside the pond on singular spikes of wet grass.
Where it needs eyeglass in addition to contacts to realise
that the kingfisher is of the white-throated sort;
who likes to dip into the same ripple and perch back on the same branch to rouse itself.
That the black blots on the lotus leaves are actually moving,
(I'm not insane) and are snails. Ranging from Excess to Excel.
That the sky is virulent but quiet and indigo run dry
that will pounce on you if you can squint out the trees.
that will pounce on you if you can squint out the trees.
That I have just found my new afternoon delight.
And plenty of walking fro and to and not entirely without company because I gave in, because that doesn't matter any more. Commerce too, a little, as new clothes had to be changed (for once for being) - too small. And who can resist chicken and capsicum?
Tried to crave a cigarette, but it's like I pronounced - a smoke can never replace a coke - and so it was settled. What resolutions, what? When?
Back home, all quiet on every front. Pasta and Coke and I settle down, with the sun, for what began as Dr. Strangelove but soon was Meet the Fockers - of which about 30 seconds was funny; exactly what I needed except there was just one thing missing which quietly crept up and made camp on heart.
And lest we forget: cameos by
Ben Harper, Cat Stevens and several versions of Across the Universe -
one of the few that has stayed the same since age six and
twenty certainly won't change my world. =)
tonight that Cassiopeia, Orion have joined Sirius.
It's past midnight. Aranyer Din Rattir has finished playing. It reminds me again of that stifling beauty of a Ray film. But more importantly, there will be cake soon.
Rewind, oh delirious days, oh lonely years - and stay, stay with me.
Had planned on spending day under the bed but there's a Bharat Bandh so pretty close.
Unlikeliest of people remembered to wish. Fuzzy feeling that won't let me be misanthrope.
So. It's been an hour each of everything desired and I think I am finally ready.
Holyshit, holyshit I'm twenty. =D
Back home, all quiet on every front. Pasta and Coke and I settle down, with the sun, for what began as Dr. Strangelove but soon was Meet the Fockers - of which about 30 seconds was funny; exactly what I needed except there was just one thing missing which quietly crept up and made camp on heart.
![]() |
| Pasta, Coke, Movie, Pillow. |
![]() |
| And, cat. |
![]() |
| Webcam leftovers. Glasses, see. |
Ben Harper, Cat Stevens and several versions of Across the Universe -
one of the few that has stayed the same since age six and
twenty certainly won't change my world. =)
There's lots and there's nothing left
but to curl up in the secret place on floor 6 + 1, tonight,
but to curl up in the secret place on floor 6 + 1, tonight,
It's past midnight. Aranyer Din Rattir has finished playing. It reminds me again of that stifling beauty of a Ray film. But more importantly, there will be cake soon.
Rewind, oh delirious days, oh lonely years - and stay, stay with me.
Had planned on spending day under the bed but there's a Bharat Bandh so pretty close.
Unlikeliest of people remembered to wish. Fuzzy feeling that won't let me be misanthrope.
So. It's been an hour each of everything desired and I think I am finally ready.
Holyshit, holyshit I'm twenty. =D



2 comments:
Happy Birthday! :)
been reading your blog for a while now...
coke over cigarette? forget it! and yeah cat stevens - moon shadow, what a pleasant song! and yet to watch a ray's movie... but only when i can understand at least basic begali...
and happy 20!
Post a Comment